Chicken n DumplingsFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 can cream of celery soup shopping list
- 16 oz. chicken broth shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, quartered shopping list
- Bunch fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- Bag of chicken thighs shopping list
- cumin shopping list
- poultry seasoning shopping list
- celery or garlic salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 lb. bag baby carrots shopping list
- Small can baby peas shopping list
- 1 can biscuits, quartered. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix soups and broth in bottom of pot. Add onions, celery and parsley. Add chicken. Season chicken with cumin, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 hrs on low. Add carrots and cook for 1 hr. Gently add peas.
- Transfer to stove and add biscuits. Cook on low uncovered 10 min, covered 10 min.
- ...and here is what I did differently. I did not chop the chicken thighs like some people do. I let them cook whole and then when I dolled out the portions I easily separated the chicken apart into pieces with a fork. I left out adding the biscuit mix into the soup. Instead I just baked them when the meal was ready. I also added extra cumin and chili powder to the soup for more kick. The chili powder gave it a nice slightly spicy zing. After it was done I put a biscuit on top and the kids either at the biscuit by itself or chopped it up into the soup. I preferred chopping the biscuit because I'm really not a fan of slimy dough and while it did soften like dumplings, it still had a less mushy consistency. I also did not transfer it to the stove. Did everything in the crock pot. Ya'll, it was sooo good!!!!
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!