Banana and White Chocolate Cupcakes with Magical Glittering Cream Cheese FrostingFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- banana and white chocolate Cupcakes shopping list
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 150g caster sugar shopping list
- 1 very ripe banana, peeled and mashed shopping list
- 2 large free range eggs shopping list
- 125g plain flour shopping list
- 25g cornflour shopping list
- 1tsp baking powder shopping list
- 50g white chocolate chips shopping list
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a large muffin tray with 12 cupcake cases. shopping list
- Cream the soft butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. shopping list
- Add the mashed banana, cream until well incorporated, add the eggs one at a time, cream well after each addition. shopping list
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cornflour over the creamed banana mixture and add the white chocolate chips, fold it all together. Do not over work the cupcake batter. shopping list
- Fill a disposable piping bag with the cupcake batter and fill each case three quarters full. shopping list
- Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 20 - 22 minutes, test if they are baked by inserting a metal skewer if the skewer comes out clean then the cupcakes are done. shopping list
- Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before decorating them with the cream cheese frosting. shopping list
How to make it
- Alejandro's Cream Cheese Frosting
- 100g cream cheese, (Philadelphia is perfect for this)
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 25g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Whip the sifted icing sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy. I use a mixer with a whisk attachment for this stage.
- Pour the cooled melted butter slowly into the whipping cream cheese mixture, whip the cream cheese mixtrue for a couple of mintues to incorporate air.
- Let the cream cheese frosting set in the fridge for at least one hour before using. This frosting is best made the day before required so that it can set slightly and get a fantastic gloss.
- This frosting is fairly soft, take it out of the fridge for 20 minute before needed to come to room temperature.
- Garnish the cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting and make it look extra pretty with silver balls and edible glitter.
- Makes 12 cupcakes
- I buy the edible glitter from our local cake craft shop. Please make sure that the glitter is edible, do not use craft glitter. I also found this website that sells it for a very reasonable price, Celebration Toppers. A small tub goes a very long way providing you apply the glitter with a small brush. I found a very fine brush at the same cake shop however you could alternatively buy a cheap painters brush from a craft shop. Dip the dry brush into the glitter and shake it over the iced cupcakes to apply a bit of glitz and sparkle to your cupcakes.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!