Green Chilli Chicken Wontons with Avocado and Lime DipFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- 250g cooked chicken shopping list
- 2 whole kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- 1 lime zest and juice shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 10g green chilli, de-seeded shopping list
- 1tbs soy sauce shopping list
- 1tbs fish sauce shopping list
- 1tbs chopped chives shopping list
- 1tbs chopped coriander shopping list
- 1 free range egg yolk shopping list
- 35 -40 fresh wonton wrappers shopping list
- 35 -40 whole long fresh chives shopping list
- Place a third of the cooked chicken in a food processor along with the finely chopped kaffir lime leaves, soy sauce, fish sauce, egg yolk, soy and fish sauce.Add seasoning, but be sparingly as the soy and fish sauce both contain high salt levels. Pulse blend for a couple of times to break the chicken down slightly. shopping list
- Hand chop the rest of the cooked chicken, fold in the pulse-blitzed chicken. Add the lime zest, chopped coriander and chives. shopping list
- Place the long chives in a shallow dish, pour boiling hot water from the kettle over the chives to wilt them, immediately drain the hot liquid off and refresh the chives under cold running water or dunk them in ice water. Drain the chives on kitchen paper. shopping list
- Lightly dust a clean work surface with corn flour, lay the wonton wrappers out and fill each with a teaspoon full of the chicken mix. Fold the wontons up into little parcels give them a gentle twist to keep them together. Use a wilted chive to tie around the wonton with a double knot, trim with kitchen scissors to shorten the chives. This might be fiddly but it looks fantastic. shopping list
- Heat the deep fat fryer oil to 160°C; fry the wontons only a few at a time until golden brown drain them on kitchen paper. Let the wontons cool slightly before serving with the avocado and lime Dip. shopping list
How to make it
- Avocado and Lime Dip
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g crème fraîche
- Peel the avocado and remove the seed. Place the avocado in a food processor add the lime juice, crème fraîche, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, fold in the lime zest and serve with the wontons.
- If you are making the avocado dip to serve later place a piece of cling film directly on to the surface of the avocado to lock out air and prevent it from oxidising. It will stay bright green for up to one day in the fridge.
- Makes approximately 35 – 40 bite size wontons
- Food Fanatics Tips
- If you made these Green Chilli Chicken Wontons for the freezer, freeze them the same day. Always cook them from frozen, ensure they are cooked well and hot all the way through. Break one open and test that they are piping hot in the middle before you serve them.
- If you are planning for a party, you can deep-fry the wontons earlier the day and then reheat them in the oven at 180°C for 10 – 15 minutes.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!