Marthas Best Buttermilk PancakesFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (I prefer Clover - it really makes a difference in taste and rise!) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus ½ teaspoon for griddle shopping list
How to make it
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees. If you plan to keep pancakes warm in the oven, heat oven to 175 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add egg, buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons butter using a whisk. Do not over mix; the batter should have small lumps.
- Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and spatters off griddle, it is hot enough. Using a pastry brush, brush remaining ½ teaspoon of butter onto griddle. Wipe off excess.
- Using an ice cream scoop or ladle, pour pancake batter (about half a cup), 2 inches away from one other. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2½ minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Work in batches, keeping finished pancakes in the oven. Serve warm with your favorite toppings!
People Who Like This Dish 1
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!