Strawberry Shortcakes Strawberry ShortcakeFrom selna 4 years ago
- -4 pints fresh strawberries shopping list
- -1/2 and 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- -2 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- -3 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- -4 tblsp sugar shopping list
- -pinch salt shopping list
- -1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- -1 egg, beaten shopping list
- -1/2 cup milk shopping list
- -3 cups heavy cream, whipped (or a tub of Cool Whip) shopping list
How to make it
- -slice strawberries and toss them in 1/2 and 1/4 cups sugar.
- -preheat oven to 425F. grease and flour one 8 inch round cake pan.
- - medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 4 tblsp sugar and salt. with a pastry blender, cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- -make a well in the centre and add in beaten egg and milk. stir until just combined.
- -pour batter evenly into prepared pan and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- -remove from oven. let cake cool down in pan. transfer cake to wire rack and let cool for a few more minutes.
- -slice cake in half. on one half of the cake, spread whipped cream and place strawberries on top. cover with second half of the cake. cover the cake with the rest of the whipped cream and top with the rest of the strawberries.
- -slice, serve and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 1
- selna Vancouver, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookselna Vancouver, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!