Tomato and Chicken Pesto PastaFrom cdntestergal 4 years ago
- 1 lb pre-cooked chicken breast, diced shopping list
- 1 lb penne pasta shopping list
- 14oz can of diced tomatoes with herbs shopping list
- 28oz tomato juice, low sodium shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 tbs no-salt italian seasoning shopping list
- 4 tbs parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 tbs basil pesto shopping list
- 4 tbs 5% cream (you can use 10% cream also) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot mix the tomatoes, juice, Italian Seasoning, onion, and pasta.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and stir occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot. (about 15 minutes)
- Mix together the pesto, cream and parmesan cheese and set aside.
- When the pasta is almost done add the diced chicken and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pasta is al-dente add the pesto mix and stir to combine .
- Take off the heat and allow the pot to "mellow" for about 5 minutes. This should allow it to thicken slightly.
- Serve with additional grated cheese.