walnut orange passover sponge cakeFrom hopscotch 5 years ago
- 9 eggs, separated shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup Plus 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- ½ cup Matzoh cake meal shopping list
- ¼ cup potato starch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- ½ teaspoon orange extract shopping list
- 1 orange, zest (rind) of, finely minced shopping list
How to make it
- Spoon batter into a 10-inch tube pan lined in the bottom with baking parchment or greased brown paper.
- Place in a preheated 375-degree oven and immediately lower heat to 325 degrees.
- Bake until cake springs back to the touch, about 50 minutes. remove from over, let cool well before inverting/removing. (it helps to run a flat knife around the edge to separate cake from pan.)
- For the passover confectioners' sugar:
- Place sugar and potato starch in a food processor and process until blended, about 3 minutes. Use as a garnish by sifting over cake lightly and arrange shreds of orange peel on top. (regular conf. sugar includes cornstarch, which is a by-product of corn, which most authorities forbid.)
- (source: Washington Post, march 31, 1993, food section)
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!