Garam Masala Steak QuesadillasFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- garam masala shopping list
- •2 tablespoons cumin seeds shopping list
- •2 tablespoons coriander seeds shopping list
- •2 tablespoons cardamom seeds shopping list
- •2 tablespoons black peppercorns shopping list
- •1 (3-inch) stick cinnamon, broken up shopping list
- •1 teaspoon whole cloves shopping list
- •1 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- •1/2 teaspoon saffron (optional) shopping list
- Quesadillas shopping list
- •1 pound skirt steak shopping list
- •1 medium red onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- •1 orange pepper, roughly chopped shopping list
- •1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- •12 ounces grated pepper jack cheese shopping list
- •12 8 inch tortillas shopping list
- •salt and pepper shopping list
- •guacamole and salsa for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Garam Masala
- 1.Add the cumin, coriander, cardamom, peppercorns, cinnamon and cloves to a dry heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Toast the spices, stirring occasionally, until they turn several shades darker and gives off a sweet smoky aroma, about 10 minutes. Do not raise the heat to quicken the process, or the spices will brown prematurely, leaving the insides undercooked. Cool completely.
- 2.Working in batches if necessary, transfer the mixture to a spice mill or coffee grinder and grind to a powder. Stir in the nutmeg and saffron.
- 3.Use immediately or store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- 1.Rub garam masala spice blend onto steak. Place in a baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- 2.Heat oven to 450 degrees. Cook steak for 20 minutes, flipping half way through. When done, tent with tin foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3.Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute peppers and onions until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4.To assemble the quesadillas, place 1 tortilla on a sheet of tinfoil. Top with peppers and onions, steak and cheese. Place another tortilla on top. Wrap in tinfoil.
- 5.Bake individually-wrapped quesadillas in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Cut into wedges and top with guacamole and salsa. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 1
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!