Caramel custard tartsFrom najwax0x0x 4 years ago
- 1 quantity Basic sweet shortcrust pastry (see related recipe) or 3 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup pouring cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup caster sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup Nestle Top'n'Fill caramel (see note) shopping list
- ground nutmeg, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 12-hole, 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Using a 10cm round cutter, cut 12 rounds from pastry. Press pastry rounds into muffin holes. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Line pastry cases with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove weights and paper. Bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes or until pastry is golden. Allow to cool.
- Combine eggs, milk, cream, caster sugar and vanilla in a jug. Spoon 1 teaspoon of caramel into each pastry case. Spoon over egg mixture.
- Bake tarts for 20 to 25 minutes or until just set (do not overcook, or caramel will bubble over). Dust with nutmeg. Allow to cool. Serve.
The Cooknajwax0x0x Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!