Chocolate peppermint truffle cakeFrom najwax0x0x 5 years ago
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 150g butter, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup plain flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 x 35g peppermint crisp chocolate bars, finely crushed shopping list
- chocolate ganache: shopping list
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup thickened cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place chocolate, butter, sugar and 1/2 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs. Stir to combine. Add flours and cocoa. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Stand for 10 minutes in pan. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, make ganache Place chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Divide mixture between 2 bowls. Refrigerate 1 bowl for 2 hours or until firm. Stand remaining bowl at room temperature for 2 hours or until thick enough to spread. Spread over top and side of cake.
- Place peppermint crisp in a shallow bowl. Roll heaped teaspoons of chilled chocolate mixture into 12 balls. Roll each ball in peppermint crisp. Arrange balls on top of cake. Serve.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- najwax0x0x Melbourne, AU
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooknajwax0x0x Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!