Wild-Rice Pilaf with Cranberries and PecansFrom jeannej 5 years ago
- 2 TBS extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 Cup wild rice shopping list
- 3 Cups low-sodium chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 TBS chopped parsley shopping list
- Coarse salyt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook stirring occasionally, until tender about 3 min. Add rice, and cook for 1 min. Add chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and starting to burst, 45 to 50 min. Drain any exess liquid, Transfer to a bowl.
- While rice cooks, preheat oven to 400. Arrange pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast until browned and fragrant, about 8 min. Let cool. Coarsely chop pecans.
- Add toasted pecans, cranberries, raisins, and parsley to rice. Season with salt and pepper, serve warm or at room temp.
The Cookjeannej Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!