Fresh Beets and New PotatoesFrom shareedawn 5 years ago
- 3 large beets shopping list
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 6 cups new potatoes, scrubbed, and cut in half, then cut crosswise in thick slices. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable broth shopping list
- ½ cup dill pickles, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place beets in medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat. Simmer until beets are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool. Rub skins from beets and cut each in half, then cut crosswise in thick slices.
- In Dutch oven, caramelize onions for 10-15 minutes until golden; add garlic and continue sautéing for 5 more minutes. Add potatoes and turn heat up until slightly browned., adding more olive oil if necessary to keep from sticking. Add balsamic vinegar and vegetable broth. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender; 8-10 minutes. Stir in pickles and mix well. Place in 13” X 9” pan and cover until ready to serve; may refrigerate overnight at this point. Bake in 350 15 minutes or until heated through; add 10-15 minutes if refrigerated. Drizzle with Truffle oil just before serving.