Red Fish Blue Fish - Grilled Red Mullets In Vine Leaves And Smoked Bluefish Potato SaladFrom alisdhair 6 years ago
- ---γ‘ BARBOUNIA STIN SKARAS--- shopping list
- 16 smaller sized whole red mullets or snapper shopping list
- Fresh dill shopping list
- 2 large oranges shopping list
- 3 large lemons shopping list
- 1 bulb of fennel (grated) shopping list
- Large grapevine leaves (rinsed) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 3 tbls. Aged red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 tbls. of sweet-hot chili sauce shopping list
- ½ tsp of cinnamon shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- ---Black Olive Salsa--- shopping list
- 1 lb. of small yellow pear tomatoes shopping list
- 1 lb. of small red cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 2 large bunches of scallions shopping list
- 3 cups of large brine cured kalamata olives shopping list
- 1/3 cup of olive oil shopping list
- --- δ’ RENGOSALATA --- shopping list
- rengosalata is actually smoked herring salad but since I do not know the Greek word for Bluefish it will have to suffice. shopping list
- 6 lbs. of small fingerling potatoes shopping list
- 3 ½ lbs. of smoked blue fish shopping list
- 1 cup of green olives shopping list
- 4 bunches of scallions shopping list
- 1 cup of hard feta cheese (crumbled) shopping list
- 2 oz. of fresh dill shopping list
- 1 cup of REAL mayonnaise shopping list
- ¾ cup of thick Greek yoghurt shopping list
- lemon juice, Salt, white pepper, garlic to taste shopping list
How to make it
- RED FISH: Slit the fish bellywise and clean them very well. Sprinkle the inside with salt and stuff each fish with the dill, fennel, orange and lemon.
- Mix the vinegar, chili sauce and cinnamon into the oil (about ¾ a cup) and then smear every fish with it. Wrap them from head to tail (literally) in the grape leaves And let them sit for a few hours (in the cooler of course). Cook over a charcoal grill. Serve with this “salsa”:
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Remove the stones from the olives and roughly chop them. Shop the scallions small. Mix them all together in the olive oil and nothing else need be added.
- SALAD: Cut the potatoes in half and boil until done but still quite firm. Cool them at once.
- Cut the scallions small and thinly slice the olives. Chop the dill fairly large but evenly. Gently flake the smoked fish.
- Mix all but the fish together and season with the salt, pepper, garlic and lemon and then delicately fold in the fish.
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!