Red Kidney Bean CurryFrom blkjkoknhrt 4 years ago
- ·2 cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed under running water shopping list
- ·2 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil shopping list
- ·2 medium-sized onions chopped fine shopping list
- ·2"piece of ginger jullinned shopping list
- ·6 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- ·2 large tomatoes chopped into 1" cubes shopping list
- ·2 fresh green chillies chopped fine shopping list
- ·2 tsps coriander powder shopping list
- ·1 tsp cumin powder shopping list
- ·1 tsp garam masala shopping list
- ·1/4 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- Salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- ·Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the onion and fry till soft.
- ·Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- ·Add the green chillies, tomatoes and garam masala powders
- ·Fry till thick and fragrant.
- ·Add the red kidney beans, 2 cups of warm water,
- ·Cook till beans are very soft (aproximately 10 minutes).
- Salt to taste
- ·Mash some of the beans roughly (this thickens the gravy).
The Cookblkjkoknhrt Winnipeg, Cana
- Not added to any groups yet!