Southwest Turkey Bean SaladFrom canned_food_fan 3 years ago
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, regular or reduced fat shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 can (16 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallion (green onion), white and green shopping list
- 1 canned, roasted red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup jicama, peeled and diced, or canned water chestnuts shopping list
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) chunk turkey in water, drained shopping list
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with hot pepper sauce, chili powder and cumin. Stir in the oil a little at a time until all is incorporated and the dressing is smooth.
- Add the garbanzo beans, scallion, roasted pepper and jicama. Break the turkey into small chunks and toss everything together gently until all of the salad ingredients are coated with dressing. Refrigerate for up to one day.
- Just before serving, fold in the avocado and parsley
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 320; Total fat 19g; Saturated fat 3g; Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 530mg; Carbohydrate 20g; Fiber 7g; Protein 19g; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 25%DV; Calcium 6%DV; Iron 10%DV
- * Daily Value
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!