Cherry Coconut MacaroonsFrom kittens 3 years ago
How to make it
- Combine coconut, sugar, flour and salt in mixing bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and almond extract, mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Garnish with candied cherr half, if desired.
- Bake at 325* for 20 to 25 minutes until edges of cookies are slightly golden.
- Remove from baking sheet immediately.
- Makes about 1 and 1/2 dozen.
- Helps and Hint~Ideas for making your macroons really special. These Ideas are all optional but, oh so good.:
- After cookies are cooled,
- Dip one half of each macaroon into melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with toasted chopped almonds.
- Dipping in dark chocolate will give the macaroons a Mounds candy bar flavor and dipping them in milk chocolate will give the cookies an Almond Joy like flavor.
- Add chocolate chips to the dough before baking.