Lentil And Black Bean ChiliFrom twohot 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dried lentils, French-variety, picked over for debris shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion(s), diced shopping list
- 1 large sweet red pepper(s), diced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 3 Tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 29 oz canned diced tomatoes, fire-roasted with chiles, undrained shopping list
- 31 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place lentils in a large sauce pan and cover with water by several inches; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until lentils are tender but retain a little bite, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, pepper and garlic, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- In a cup, combine chili powder, oregano, cumin, cayenne and salt; add to skillet and stir well to combine. Cook, stirring often, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, and beans to skillet; stir well to combine. Cover skillet and simmer so flavors can blend, about 5 to 10 minutes. Fold in lentils and cilantro; serve. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!