Chicken Rice SoupFrom wickedinthekitchen 3 years ago
- 1 whole chicken cut up (you can do this yourself, or buy it chopped) shopping list
- 4 ribs of celery shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 3 chicken bullion cubes shopping list
- 1 Quart water shopping list
- 2 Cups rice shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a dutch oven over medium high heat add water, and the chicken, allow it to boil.
- While chicken is cooking, dice the celery and onion.
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute celery/onion/garlic.
- Once chicken is cooked remove from pan and allow it to cool, reserve the liquid from cooking.
- After chicken has cooled, debone chicken and chop into bite size pieces.
- Take the reserved stock and bring to low rolling boil, add the 3 bullion cubes. Once they have disolved reduce heat to med. (You could at this point put this in a slow cooker).
- Add chicken, celery, onion, garlic , bay leaves and rice allow to simmer. The longer you allow it to simmer the better the flavor. (My opinion)
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaves prior to serving.
- You can reduce the fat in this receipe by skimming the stock.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- wickedinthekitchen Saint Louis, MO. Area
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwickedinthekitchen Saint Louis, MO. Area
- Not added to any groups yet!