Spicy Smoky Chipotle Fajita MarinadeFrom sharebear1 5 years ago
- 2 lbs fajita meat (or thinly sliced skirt steak) shopping list
- 4 chipotle chiles- stems removed shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 chile de arbol – stems removed shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- juice of 3 small limes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1 pinch of cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. It will take a minute or two to completely break up the chipotle chiles and to get a smooth consistency. If you find that the marinade is too thick drizzle olive oil into the blender while it is running until you get the desired consistency. Allow it to sit for about 30 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- 2.Thoroughly coat the meat on all sides and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to permeate the meat. You can let the meat marinade for up to 4 hours.
- 3.Heat grill. Once hot grill meat for 5-7 minutes on each side. Remove and serve with your favorite fajita peppers and vegetables.
- Note:This recipe time doesnt include the time to marinade. Leaving the marinade on for much longer than 4 hours will cause flavors in your marinade to overpower the flavor of your chosen meat.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!