Rich Chocolate Cake With Lemon Cream CheeseFrom wrigggit 4 years ago
- Cake: 1 1/2 ups self raising flour shopping list
- 1 cup castor sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbspns butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tspn bi-carb soda shopping list
- vanilla essence or rum shopping list
- cup boiling water shopping list
- lemon cheese Filling: 50g cream cheese shopping list
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- juice of 4-5 lemons shopping list
- 1-2 tspns gelatin, dissolved in 250ml boiling water shopping list
- 300 mls cream shopping list
How to make it
- Cake: Line the bottom and sides of an 8 inch ring with non stick baking paper. If you have one that removes the base, use that as this cake is inclined to stick. Heat oven moderately hot.
- Sift the SR flour and the bicarb soda together and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the sugar and the cocoa, add the softened butter and mix well.
- Add half a cup of boiling water and mix well to dissolve the sugar and cocoa. Beat in the 2 eggs. Add half the flour and mix, then add the remaining flour. When well combined, add another half cup of hot water, mix well and lastly add half a tspn of vanilla or rum. (this is a very wet mixture)
- Pour into the lined tin and cook for 20 mins to 30 mins. Test with a skewer. Allow to cool in the tin and remove very carefully .
- Cheese filling:
- Beat together the cheese and condensed milk until smooth.
- Add the cream, lemon juice and blended gelatin and beat until well thickened. Allow to set in the fridge overnight.
- Next day, cut the cake in half, spread cheese filling over cut portion and replace top layer.
- Garnish as desired.
- Cake must be refrigerated when complete.
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!