Banana And Pecan Tartes TatinFrom wrigggit 6 years ago
- 2 cups self raising flour shopping list
- 125g butter, chilled and chopped shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 Tbspn cold water shopping list
- flour, for kneading shopping list
- 2/3 cup white sugar shopping list
- Extra 40g butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line four 10cm round cake tins with baking paper.
- Process flour and butter in a food processor til they look like breadcrumbs.
- Add egg and water and mix til t just comes together.
- Turn out dough onto a floured board and knead til smooth. Form 4 small discs. Wrap in plastic and chill for 20 mins.
- Put sugar in a heavy based saucepan over a medium heat and cook, without stirring, til the sugar has just melted and is turning golden.
- Add extra butter and swirl to combine.
- Remove caramel from heat and pour evenly into each prepared tin.
- Sprinkle pecans over caramel and then layer with 2 layers of banana slices, overlapping slightly.
- Roll each disc out to about 13 cms. Put 1 round over each tin, folding surplus back up over edges onto itself and towards the centre. Look at the photo and you'll see what I mean.
- Bake tarts for 20-25 mins or until golden.
- Stand for 5 mins before turing out onto plates.
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!