Scallop And Black Bean TacosFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- Possible Toppings: Prepare before cooking filling shopping list
- Shredded lettuce shopping list
- diced fresh tomatoes shopping list
- thinly sliced scallions shopping list
- chopped cilantro shopping list
- avocado, diced or cut into strips shopping list
- Tacos: shopping list
- 1 lb sea scallops, cut into 1/2-inch dice shopping list
- chili powder to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 3 tsp canola oil, divided shopping list
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice shopping list
- 8 taco shells shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned) shopping list
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle the scallops generously with chili powder and salt.
- In a nonstick skillet, briefly heat 1 tsp of the canola oil over medium heat. Add the scallops, and saute them, tossing them often, for 2 minutes or until they are just cooked through. Stir in the lime juice, transfer the scallops to a bowl, and keep them warm.
- Follow package directions for heating the taco shells. Or heat the oven to 350 degrees, place the separated taco shells on a baking tray, and put the taco shells in the oven to warm.
- While, the taco shells heat, add the remaining 2 tsp of canola oil to the skillet. Heat the skillet, add the onion, and red bell pepper, and saute the vegetables for 2 minutes or until they are soft. Add the corn and beans, and cook the mixture just long enough to heat it through. Remove the skillet form the heat, and add the cooked scallops to the vegetable mixture tossing the ingredients to combine them well.
- Remove the taco shells from the oven, divide the scallop filling among the 8 taco shells, and serve the tacos, letting individual diners add the toppings of their choice.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!