Skordalia (Garlic Mashed Potatoes)From choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and then mashed with 1/4 tsp salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbs extra virigin olive oil shopping list
- 5 tsp champagne vinegar (or high-quality white wine vinegar) shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan, add, cold water to cover by 1-inch, season with salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them , or they will become waterlogged.
- Drain, and return the potatoes to the pan, and cook over medium heat tossing a few times until dry, about 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are still warm, push them through a ricer into a large bowl. (Don't let them cool, or they'll be too gummy to push through ricer).
- Beat in the garlic and olive oil. Add the vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!