Anginetti CookiesFrom hopscotch 6 years ago
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon Grated lemon zest, Finely Chopped shopping list
- 3 Large eggs shopping list
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 Cups Sifted Confectioner's, Or icing sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- Colored Sprinkles (Optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with silicon sheets, or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, vanilla, lemon peel and 6 tablespoons of butter with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue to beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and baking powder and blend just until mixed.
- The dough should be soft and sticky.
- Spoon dough into a pastry bag fitted with a 3/8-inch round tip. Pipe 2-inch diameter rings onto the prepared baking sheets.
- With wet fingertips, press the ends of each ring together to form a smooth ring.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
To make the icing
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter over low heat.
- Add the sugar, water, and lemon juice and whisk until the sugar melts and the mixture is heated through.
- If icing is too thick to brush easily, add more water to thin.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately brush warm icing over the hot cookies.
- Sprinkle with colored sprinkle if using. Cool iced cookies for a few minutes, and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!