Bachelor's Neapolitan RagùFrom seanreiser 4 years ago
- 2 Lb. Chuck Chopped shopping list
- 1 lb. ground pork shopping list
- 1 Lb. italian sausage (Sweet or Hot depending on taste) shopping list
- 3 tbs. EVOO shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1 Medium Sized spanish onion or yellow onion shopping list
- 1 green pepper shopping list
- 1 Large carrot shopping list
- 1 celery Stalk shopping list
- 2 Cups peas shopping list
- 1 Tbs rosemary shopping list
- 1 Tbs oregano shopping list
- 1 Tbs basil shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 16oz Cans stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 16oz Cans tomato sauce (Plain tomato sauce, Not spaghetti sauce) shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Dice the soffritto (Garlic, Onion, Green Pepper, Carrot and Celery). I prefer to leave it chunky but chop it as fine as you want. (Yes, I know that Green Pepper doesn't belong in a soffritto, blame it on my German / Irish ancestry)
- 2) Put a heavy pot on the stove, Add 2 tbs. of EVOO coating the bottom of the pot, heat over high-medium heat
- 3) Brown the sausage and remove. It's OK if the Sausage is not cooked all the way through yet. Slice the sausage.
- 4) Reduce pan to medium heat, add the rest of the EVOO
- 5) Add the soffritto stir for a couple of minutes until the onions begin to turn pale gold.
- 6) Return pan to medium-high heat.
- 7) Add and Brown the other meats.
- 8) Drain some of the grease.
- 9) Re-add sliced sausage to pot.
- 10) Sprinkle with Rosemary, Oregano & Basil & Salt and Pepper.
- 11) Add Peas.
- 12) Add Stewed Tomatoes & Tomato Sauce to Pot, Bring Mixture to a boil.
- 13) Lower heat and Simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- 14) Sauce should be "thick" with meat and vegetables.
- 15) Serve over pasta. Share and Enjoy.
The Cookseanreiser Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!