Chicken Stuffed With Spinach & FetaFrom nightkitchen 4 years ago
- chicken breasts, with or without skin and bone, although for this shopping list
- I prefer them to have both. shopping list
- For each chicken breast: shopping list
- ¼ c frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- ½ clove garlic shopping list
- ¼ c fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- small pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 1 T chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 2 T minced green onion or leek or onion, microwaved 1 m with 1 t butter shopping list
- 2 T feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- optional: 1 T minced ham or chopped mortadella; 1 T grated Parmesan shopping list
- So, for four chicken breasts, you’d use 1 c each spinach & breadcrumbs, shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, ¼ chopped fresh mint, generous pinch nutmeg, shopping list
- and 1/3 to ½ c feta cheese plus the optional ingredients. shopping list
How to make it
- Ingredients must be fresh, or I cannot be held responsible
- for how the recipe turns out.
- With your hands, gently combine all ingredients so that
- you have a moist loose mixture.
- Cut pockets into the chicken breasts—DO NOT cut all the way through!
- Loosen the skin.
- Into each pocket, loosely pack ¼ c of the mixture.
- Gently spread the same amount under the skin.
- Use yet another ¼ c to cover any exposed chicken meat; if you are using skinned breasts, use that ¼ c on top. Pack this covering firmly.
- Bake at 350° for 45-60 m, or until juices barely run clear. Don’t worry about the skin. If it’s critical for you to have crisp skin, use convection oven for the last 10 m, or broil it or something.
- Let rest 10 m and serve. Also excellent the next day sliced in a sandwich.
The Cooknightkitchen Claremont, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!