Mamon : A Filipino Sponge CakeFrom WonderDino 4 years ago
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 6 separated eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 teaspoons water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour,cornstarch,baking powder,and salt until well blended.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until it makes foam.
- Slowly sprinkle the sugar while beating on high speed for 6 minutes.
- Now that you formed a fluffy meringue,add water and yolks then mix.
- Drop in vegetable oil,once blended,slowly sprinkle dry flour mixture. After the mixture is smooth, put in 2/3 the mixture into a 12 paper cups.
- Do the same with springform cake pan. Bake in preheated oven.
- 10-15 quick minutes later you get nice,golden Mamon!
- Mix 4 tablespoons food coloring in mixture before pouring into cups.
- Use strawberrys and glue with whipped cream.
- Make it like a cupcake by spreading frosting and sprinkling flakes.
- Glaze it with honey.
- Spread frosting all over the cake.
The CookWonderDino Calgary, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!