KubidehFrom rifmstr625 6 years ago
- Kubideh ingredients: shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef 80% lean or lamb shopping list
- 1 med. onion, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs or white flour shopping list
- 1 egg slightly beaten (optional) shopping list
- 1 tsp. tumeric shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice shopping list
- To construct the sandwich you will need: shopping list
- freshly baked barbari bread shopping list
- fresh sliced onion shopping list
- mint leaves to taste shopping list
- fresh basil leaves to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Drain the juice from the grated onion.
- Mix all Kubideh ingredients well - cover and leave in frig overnight or at room temperature for a few hours. The colder the mix, the better it will stick to the skewers.
- Dividing the meat into 10-12 portions. Press each portion around long metal skewers and shape evenly
- Place the skewers a few inches away from the grill coals. Turn constantly for a couple of minutes and then cook each side for a few minutes until juices run clear and meat is done to your taste. I cook mine well.
- To construct the sandwich:
- Remove meat from skewer and slice to a size that will fit nicely on the barbari bread. Place meat in center of bread.
- Add a few fresh sliced onions, some mint leaves to taste. I use spearmint because that is what I have in my garden and I only use one leaf, torn into pieces, otherwise its a bit overpowering for my taste.
- I throw in 3 or 4 of fresh basil leaves, cause you can never have too much basil as far as I am concerned. Lemon basil or Thai basil work very well if you have either of those.
- Roll bread around meat and veg and eat.
- If you are familiar with Kubideh and I have any portion of this wrong please let me know.
- Will add a photo the next time I make.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- rifmstr625 Minneapolis, MN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookrifmstr625 Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!