Shrimp Cocktail SaladFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 4 lg ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 c prepared horseradish shopping list
- 2 tsp packed brown sugaer shopping list
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 TB fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 stalks celery,thinly sliced on an angle,plus leaves for garnish shopping list
- 1 lb cooked ,shelled and deveined jumbo shrimp,with tail part of shell left on shopping list
How to make it
- Set fine-mesh sieve over medium bowl . Holding 1 tomato slice over sieve,scoop seeds into sieve. Repeat with remaining slices. Press seeds in sieve to extract as much juice as possible;discard seeds.
- Divide tomato slices among 4 serving plates. If making ahead,cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Prepare dressing: Into bowl, with tomato juice,whisk horseradish,brown sugar,oil,lemon juice,hot sauce and 1/2 tsp each salt and fresh ground pepper until sugar dissolves. If making ahead,cover and refrigerate dressing up to 2 days.
- To serve: Arrange celery slices,then shrimp,over sliced tomatoes. Stir dressing to blend,then drizzle all over shrimp,celery and tomatoes. Garnish with celery leaves.