Blt Dip RecipeFrom spicey571 6 years ago
- * 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream shopping list
- * 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- * 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- * 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes shopping list
- * 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, optional shopping list
- * Assorted crackers shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, tomatoes and bacon. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with green onion if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
- From Taste of Home
- Seeding Tomatoes
- Summer is the perfect time of year to enjoy fresh juicy tomatoes in all types of recipes. It's usually not necessary to remove the seeds from tomatoes before using. But for some recipes, seeding the tomatoes can improve the dish's appearance or eliminate excess moisture. For example, it's not important to seed tomatoes when preparing a tossed salad. But it's nice to remove the seeds when making creamy tomato soup to ensure a smooth texture. And using seeded tomatoes when assembling a casserole can prevent it from becoming watery. To remove the seeds from a tomato, cut it in half horizontally and remove the stem. Holding a tomato half over a bowl or sink, scrape out seeds with a small spoon or squeeze the tomato to force out the seeds. Then slice or dice as directed in the recipe.
The Cookspicey571 Greenville, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!