Tomato Sauce (gravy)From klw74jupiter 4 years ago
- ¼ small yellow onion shopping list
- Pinch of minced garlic shopping list
- ¼ small red bell pepper (diced) shopping list
- 2 28 oz cans whole marzano tomatoes (Cento) shopping list
- Large handful of fresh chopped basil leaves shopping list
- Small handful of fresh chopped oregano leaves shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- Fresh ground sea salt shopping list
- crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- Dash of worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrons) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil. Add onion and cook over medium to low heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and bell pepper and cook until onions are translucent and peppers are soft. Add tomatoes, crush and cook for 1/2 hour over low to medium heat. Add the basil, oregano, Worcestershire and red pepper flakes and continue to cook for another 1/2 hour. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper, cool and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
The Cookklw74jupiter Jupiter, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!