Drei Kleinen Schweinchen I – Spargel WestfaelischerFrom alisdhair 3 years ago
- 2 bunches of tender young asparagus shopping list
- 12 razor thin slices of Westphalian ham shopping list
- 1 cup of super-excellent olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup + 2-3 tbls. of champagne vinegar shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 2 small egg yokes shopping list
- 3 tbls. of fine orange zest shopping list
- 1/3 oz. of fresh dill (finely chopped) shopping list
- salt, white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put the vinegar, egg yokes and the garlic into a food processor or blender and turn to high speed. Slowly add the oil so that a tight emulsification is formed. Add the zest and the dill. Season with the salt and white pepper.
- Cut off the extreme ends of the asparagus. Have ready a pot of boiling water and cook the asparagus only so far as to see it take on a vibrant green colour which is about 2 ½ minutes. IMMEDIATELY plunge it into an ice bath until cold then drain well.
- Toss the cooled asparagus in the marinade and let it chill for 4-5 hours.
- Shake off the excess juices and make four equal bundles. Wrap it around the centre with the ham, three slices per each bundle.
- SERVE: garnished with more fresh dill and orange slices.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- alisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!