Breakfast Panini With Georgia Pecans, Cheddar And SausageFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- Makes 4 large panini shopping list
- 1 teaspoon butter, plus more for bread shopping list
- 3 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 fully-cooked breakfast sausages (thawed if frozen), chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped Georgia pecans shopping list
- 4 large eggs, well beaten shopping list
- 8 thick slices Italian bread shopping list
- 4 ounces yellow cheddar cheese, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onions, sausages, and pecans; sauté until onions are just softened—about 3 minutes. Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are firm but not dry. Transfer sausage mixture to plate.
- Heat a panini maker or a grill pan over medium-high heat. To make four panini, divide sausage mixture into 4 portions. Mound each portion on one slice of bread. Top each with one ounce of cheddar, then a slice of the remaining bread.
- Very lightly butter the outside of each panini. Cook in batches in panini maker until both sides of each panini are golden; serve promptly. Or, if using a grill pan or skillet, cook two panini at a time, placing a heavy skillet or heat-proof dish on top to weight down panini as they cook. When golden on bottom, turn panini over and grill other side until golden; serve warm.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- Not added to any groups yet!