Lemon CurdFrom nhmomma 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan bring about an inch or so of water to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Combine the yolks and sugar in a medium sized medal bowl and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Measure out 1/3 cup of lemon juice (add cold water if needed).
- Add the juice & lemon zest to the egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Place the bowl on top of the simmering water and whisk until thick (approximately 8-10 minutes...I whisk for the first 6-8 minutes and then switch to my electric hand mixer), light yellow in color and coats the back of a spoon when dipped in.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter one small piece at a time. Stir well to make sure the butter is all combined.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the curd which has been placed into a plastic bowl (place another piece of plastic wrap on the top of the bowl or cover with a lid).
- Refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
The Cooknhmomma Weare, NH
- Not added to any groups yet!