Markos Beer Can ChickenFrom marko2020 8 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse and pat dry thawed chicken
- (fresh unfrozen is the best)
- slice garlic paper thin and carefully tuck underneath the upper half of the birds skin
- sprinkle seasonings of your choice inside the bird and rub
- lightly brush the ouside of the bird with butter or vegatable oil
- season the outside of the bird with seasonings
- place bird upright on can holder with can ( you can find these at many stores nowadays)
- Place either a medium sized red potato or yellow onion inside the bird (where the head used to be) to seal in juices!
- I like to use two piles of charcoals, one on either side of grill.
- place bird on lower half of grill and cook on 350 or so until bird is done
- the bird will get golden brown from the butter and seasonings so don't think the bird is cooking too much.
- I normally cook by site, just because I've been grilling so often, don't hesitate to use a meat thermometer if you wish
- normally takes up to an hour and a half to cook, ENJOY!!!
The Cookmarko2020 Stevensville, MI
The Rating2 people
I do this all the time.... and its wonderfully delicious.....and your right... you can smell this cooking all over the neighborhood...Everyone should try it....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!