Cinnamon Pecan Ice CreamFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- 8 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 cup plus 1 tbs packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 4 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Crema or creme fraiche shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and brown sugar until thick and pale brown.
- Combine the milk and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir 1/2 cup of milk into the egg mixture, then whisk the eggs into the pan of milk. Set aside to cool.
- Pass the custard mixture through a medium strainer. Add the vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, salt and crema or creme fraiche. Whisk well and refrigerate until cold.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast until golden brown and fragrant, about 10 min. Set aside to cool and then roughly chop.
- Pour the chilled custard mixture into your ice cream maker and process according toasted pecans. Store in the freezer.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!