Chocolate Car CakeFrom grecogirl 3 years ago
- Wilton's 3-D cruiser car pan shopping list
- For this cake pan you will need 6 1/2 cups of batter. This recipe is a bit more than that, so I use the left over batter for cupcakes. (Two box cake mixes would also work.) shopping list
- Cake Mix: shopping list
- 1 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 4 cups of flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- butter Cream Frosting: shopping list
- 3 lbs powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 sticks of softened butter (8 oz.) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of milk (if needed for creaminess) shopping list
- Food coloring: shopping list
- Separate the frosting into several bowls depending on how many different colors you want. Add a drop or two of food coloring to bowl and mix. Add more food coloring to reach desired color. For red frosting it takes alot of food coloring or it will be pink. shopping list
- Decorations: shopping list
- Gumdrops for the head lights, tail lights, and side mirrors shopping list
- M & M's for the door handles shopping list
- Oreo Cakesters for the tires ( I cut out the tire portion of the cake so these would fit better) shopping list
- Coloring gels for detail lines shopping list
- Be creative and add your own touches. This may look hard, but it is actually pretty easy. shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour the car cake pan
- In medium bowl sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Add the flour mixture and milk, adding alternatively. Mix until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan. Fill pan about 3/4 full. Bake for 60 min.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
- Put softened butter in bowl and add sifted powdered sugar. Mix until creamed and add vanilla. If needed add a bit of milk to make it a creamy consistency. Separate into different bowls for food coloring. Add a drop or two of desired color and mix. Don't leave frosting out for too long it needs to be refrigerated.
- I also cut the cake in half and added frosting in the middle.
- Frost cake and decorate as you wish.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- grecogirl WI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgrecogirl WI
- Not added to any groups yet!