Cranberry KetchupFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- One 3-inch cinnamon stick, broken into pieces shopping list
- 3 thin slices, fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs cranberries shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp ground clovs shopping list
- 1 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 large orange shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Tie the cinnamon pieces and ginger in a spice bag or scrap of cheesecloth. Put this into a nonreactive saucepan with all the ingredients but the sugar, and bring to a simmer, about 20 minutes or until cranberries are soft.
- Remove the spice bad, and puree the mixture in a food mill or press it through a sieve. Return the puree to the saucepan. Add the sugar, and simmer the ketchup until it is glossy and thick, about 15 minutes.
- Ladle the ketchup into pint or half-pint mason jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Close the jars with hot two-piece caps. To ensure a good seal, process the jars for 10 minutes, in a boiling water bath. Store the cooled jars in a cool, dry, dark place.
- Makes 1 1/2 pints
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!