Double - Tomato Dijon Pasta With Summer VegetablesFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 medium zucchini (about 7 oz), cubed shopping list
- 1/2 lb eggplant, cubed shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped shopping list
- 8 medium cremini mushrooms, quartered shopping list
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard, divided shopping list
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp water shopping list
- 1 tbsp coarse-ground peppercorns shopping list
- 10 sun dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped or sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 lb. whole-grain short-cut pasta (preferably one with lines or twists like rotini) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler to HI and line a roasting pan with foil or parchment.
- Combine vegetables, 2 tbsp mustard, vinegar, water and peppercorns.
- Broil 10-12 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, soak sun dried tomatoes five minutes in hot water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour in tomato juice and wine, stirring vigorously, then reduce heat and add sun-dried tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and remaining 1 tbsp mustard.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until just shy of al dente (approximately 2 minutes before the package states).
- Drain and add to the sauce with the vegetables and basil, stirring well. Cover and simmer 3 minutes longer.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members