Lite - Speed Stuffed ShellsFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tbsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or pressed shopping list
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 14 oz canned artichoke hearts or pieces, well drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese shopping list
- 10 oz low-fat silken tofu shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated low-fat parmesan cheese shopping list
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 16 large pasta shells, cooked and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375¨¬F.
- In a small bowl, mix together tomatoes, basil, garlic powder and black pepper. Pour 3/4 of the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13" dish and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and saute 2 minutes, the add spinach and artichoke pieces and cook 3-4 minutes, until browned and hot. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine cottage cheese, tofu, Parmesan, lemon juice and zest, thyme, salt and pepper in a food processor and puree until very smooth. Pour into the spinach mixture and fold through.
- Stuff the cheese-tofu mixture generously into the shells, placing them filling-side up on top of the sauce in the pan.
- Pour reserved tomato mixture overtop of the shells.
- Cover with foil and bake, covered, 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, increase the oven temperature to 425¢ªF and bake 15 minutes longer.