Pineapple Poke CakeFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- Nonstick spray for baking, Pam® shopping list
- 1 package (18.25-ounce) butter recipe yellow cake mix, Betty Crocker® shopping list
- 1 package (4-serving-size) instant lemon pudding and pie filling, Jell-O® shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups pineapple juice, Dole® shopping list
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted, C&H® shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups pineapple soda, Fanta® shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a fluted tube cake pan with nonstick
- In a bowl, combine cake mix and 3 tablespoons of the dry instant pudding.
- Add pineapple juice, butter, and eggs; beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Scrape bowl; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- For icing, combine sour cream and the remaining dry instant pudding; beat
- with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
- Remove cake from pan; place on plate.
- Using a skewer, poke holes in the cake top.
- Slowly pour pineapple soda over holes.
- Spread icing over cake.
- Garnish with lemon peel curls.