Quaker's Chewy Choc-oat-chip CookiesFrom gigilovescats2 4 years ago
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar or we use stevia equivalent shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 TBS milk shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (opt.) shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. Quaker Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked) shopping list
- One 12 oz pk (2 c.) semi-sweet chocolate pieces (yummmm) shopping list
- 1 c. chopped nuts (opt.) we use pecans :D shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 F
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla: beat well
- Add combined flour, baking soda and salt: mix well
- Stir in oats, chocolate pieces and nuts, mix well
- Drop by rounded TBS fuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 10 min for a chewy cookie or 12 to 13 for a crisp cookie.
- Cool 1 min on cookie sheet: remove to wire rack. Cool completely and store tightly covered (if they make it that far, lol)
- High Altitude Adjustment: Increase flour to 2 cups.
The Cookgigilovescats2 Valdosta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!