Deliciously Dishy Eggplant LasagneFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- non-stick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 3 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 ½ cups crushed tomatoes, divided shopping list
- 2 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- ½ tbsp basil shopping list
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry textured vegetable protein (TVP) granules shopping list
- 8 oz fat-free cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 5 oz (½ package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 2/3 cup (3 oz) low-fat shredded Italian blend or mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 9 even pieces shopping list
- salt + pepper to taste shopping list
- 9 whole-wheat lasagne noodles (8 oz), cooked 1 minute shy of al dente and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler to HI and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Heat a small amount of non-stick spray in a medium saucepan.
- Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in wine, broth, and 1 1/4 cups of the crushed tomatoes, bring to a boil and cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat, add tomato paste, oregano, basil, pepper flakes and TVP. Simmer 10 minutes and remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, garlic powder, egg white, spinach and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Sprinkle each side of the eggplant slices with salt and pepper, place on the cookie sheet and mist with non-stick spray.
- Broil 15 minutes, then flip and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Reduce oven to 425°F and lightly grease a 9" square pan.
- Spread the reserved "plain" crushed tomatoes on the bottom of the pan.
- Layer 3 slices of eggplant, 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture, 3 cooked noodles and 1/3 of the TVP sauce overtop.
- Repeat layers, rotating the direction of eggplant slices and noodles 90 degrees each time, until all the ingredients have been used.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese overtop and bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil and cook 5 minutes longer, until cheese is crispy.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!