Stacy's Spicy Corn BreadFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- Canola or corn oil, for greasing shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups cornmeal shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbs baking powder shopping list
- 1 tbs salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup cumin seeds, toasted and ground shopping list
- 1/2 tbs ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped chives shopping list
- 1 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups fresh corn (about 4 large ears) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 10-inch cast iron skillet with oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, and chives; mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, cream the butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each. Stir in the buttermilk. Fold in the dry ingredients in 3 batches, and then fold in the corn.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!