Ginger Lime MuffinsFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- shortening, for greasing shopping list
- Grated zest of 2 limes, plus 1 tsp more shopping list
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar shopping list
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tbs ground ginger shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 packed cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tbs finely chopped crystallized ginger shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a food processor, combine lime zest from the two limes and turbinado sugar. With the machine running, add the fresh ginger and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, ground ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and 1 tsp lime zest until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping, mix 1-2 minutes. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating it with the buttermilk. Mix thoroughly and scrape down the sides of the bowl between additions. Fold in the 1/4 cup of crystallized ginger and raisins (optional).
- Divide the batter between the cups of the prepared muffin tin, filling each 3/4 full. Scatter a scant tsp of turbinado sugar mixture over each muffin and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbs crystallzed ginger. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Do not overbake. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!