Spiced Pumpkin Bread With Maple-cayenne ButterFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- shortening for greasing shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 small zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1 tbs peeled and minced fresh ginger (about 1-inch piece) shopping list
- 1/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted and coarsely ground pecans shopping list
- For maple-cayenne butter: shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tbs maple syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9x5x3 loaf pans or a 12-cup muffing pan with shortening.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla, then add the eggs one at a time. Mix well. Add the zucchini, pumpkin, and ginger and mix on low just until combined. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk. Mix thoroughly. Blend for 30 seconds more on medium and divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake until golden, about 47-55 min. for loaves and 25-35 min. for muffins.
- While bread is baking make the butter by stirring all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Serve the warm bread/muffins with butter
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!