The Cooks' RibsFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- GRILLING METHOD: shopping list
- Indirect/Low Heat One case of baby back ribs, about 24 slabs shopping list
- ½ gallon Wicker's (vinegar-based marinade) or Lexington-style Vinegar Sauce (see below) shopping list
- 4 cups (2 bottles) Italian dressing shopping list
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite dry rub, divided shopping list
- 1 8oz jar of clover honey shopping list
- Lexington-Style BBQ Sauce shopping list
- 2 cups cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sea salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- ½ cup ketchup shopping list
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit 10 minutes. Add to chopped barbecue when hot to season the meat and keep it from drying out. shopping list
How to make it
- The Overnight "Prep"
- Prepare the ribs by removing the membrane on the back and generously rub them down. Once rubbed, cut each slab in half. Bag them and refrigerate overnight. When you are ready to cook,
- remove ribs from refrigerator and allow them to reach room temperature. Light the grill and get the temperature up to 250ºF degrees.
- The "Bath"
- This recipe replaces basting with bathing. In a large disposable aluminum pan, mix the Wicker's, Italian dressing with about ¼ cup of rub. Place the pan on the grill to keep warm. Once the grill has reached 250ºF degrees, place all the ribs on the grill and let the smokin' begin! The temperature will drop a bit, but that's OK. Maintain a temperature of 225ºF degrees. After an hour has passed, the ribs will be ready for their first bath. Using a good pair of tongs, work each slab through the bath pan. Give them all a good dousing and return them to the heat. Repeat this process each hour until the ribs have been on the grill for four (4) hours.
- The "Finish"
- At this point, take each half-slab and give it one last "bath". Place on aluminum foil for wrapping. Drizzle honey on slab and finish off with one last dash of dry rub. Repeat process for each slab. Place 3 to 4 slabs per foil package and wrap tightly. After all the ribs have been wrapped, place them back on the grill for two (2) more hours.
- Remove foil packages from grill as needed and serve.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!