Cheap & Easy Meat Duet Pasta SauceFrom wylddwoman 5 years ago
- 1 to 1.5 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 1 to 1.5 lbs ground Italian sausage (if you can't find it in bulk, get links and remove casings) shopping list
- 1 can (26.5 oz) Hunt's Four cheese spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1 can (26.5 oz) Hunt's Italian sausage spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt's roasted garlic diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt's sweet onion diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried basil shopping list
- 1/4 c. red wine (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Empty all the cans into a slow-cooker, and add the basil.
- Cook on high heat for 2 hours.
- Brown the sausage and beef in a skillet to remove fat and grease, and strain.
- Add the meat "duet" to the sauce and cook for 1 more hour on high.
- About 15 minutes before the sauce is finished, add the wine if desired.
- Reduce the heat to low until served, but do not leave on low longer than 1 hour.
- Freeze leftover sauce for up to 2 months.
The Cookwylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!