Coconut Pecan Oatmeal CakeFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 8 tbs (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup plus 3 tbs sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 6 tbs (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup, lightly packed, light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup light cream, half and half, or milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 11x7-inch broiler-proof baking pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- For the cake, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon together into a small bowl. Place the oats in a medium-size bowl.
- Cream the butter, sugar together in second medium size mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stop the mixter twice to scrap the bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the butter mixture and mix on medium speed after each addition until blended, 10 secnds. Scrap bowl.
- Pour the boiling water over the oatmeal and stir several times with a wooden spoon (do not let oatmeal sit out or it will coagulate). Add the oatmeal to the egg mixture and mix on medium speed until blended, about 6-7 seconds.
- Add the vanilla, mix briefly to combine. Partially fold in the dry ingredients by hand with the spatula, using several broad strokes. Then mix on medium speed until all the ingredients are blened about 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake on the center oven rack until the top is golden and springs back to the touch, 25-30 minutes. Remove the cake and cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhle prepare the topping. Put all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl and stir vigoursly with a whisk until they are blended.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spread the topping over the cake with a spatula, then place the cake on a cookie sheed (to catch drippings). If your broiler is part of your, oven place th cake on the center rack. If you have a separate broiler unit,place the cake as far as possible from it.. WIth the oven or broiler oven door open, broil rotating the pan several times, until the topping bubbles to a deep golden color, 5-6 minutes. Watch it carefully. Serve immediately.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!