Vegetarian Lettuce WrapsFrom CookiesKitchen 4 years ago
- 6 medium iceberg or bibb lettuce leaves shopping list
- 6 oz. (about 1 3/4 cups) ground-beef-style soy crumbles, defrosted shopping list
- 1 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained & chopped shopping list
- 1 cup bamboo shoots (bean sprouts would be good too) shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms (or straw mushrooms) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions shopping list
- 2 tbsp. light/low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. dark brown sugar (not packed) shopping list
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare sauce, combine soy sauce, sugar, chili garlic sauce and oil in a small dish. Mix well and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Place all ingredients except for the scallions and lettuce leaves into the pot. Add the sauce, and stir. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add scallions, cook for 1 minute more
- Assemble the wraps
The CookCookiesKitchen Washington, DC
- Not added to any groups yet!